Hi! I’m Étienne.
I’ve recently started a new blog in English called Dark Gray Matters. It doesn’t have a clear theme yet (maybe it won’t ever have one!), but I like writing about history, rationality, science, and art and literature. You can subscribe here.
I’m currently part of the first On Deck Writer Fellowship, which I hope will help me kickstart the blog and make it widely read (in addition to meeting really cool people)!
Since 2017, I’ve also been blogging in French. That website is called Cartographier tout et n’importe quoi. (Roughly, “Making maps of anything and everything.” It doesn’t really have much to do with making maps, though.)
You can find me on Twitter, too. I’m still figuring out Twitter, to be honest, and I’m not sure how to use it best, but it will probably involve making friends.
Some of my other current activities include:
- programming a weather iOS app that aggregates data from several sources
- writing a novel in which some people attempt to make a funny movie about New France
- posting (very) mildly interesting pictures on Instagram
- working as a macOS developer at Druide
- studied evolutionary biology in Sweden, in France, and at Harvard
- worked in cancer care data analysis for a year
- studied computer science at McGill